You are here:
1.1 General Information
LinkLiving Ltd. owns and is responsible for the content of its website at http://linkliving.org.uk. Unless stated otherwise, this Privacy Statement applies only to this website.
1.2 linkliving.org.uk Privacy Statement
LinkLiving Ltd. will use any personal information collected from this website (http://linkliving.org.uk ) in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
Further details on the UK Data Protection Act can be found at the website for The Information Commissioner’s Office.
LinkLiving Ltd. has taken appropriate measures to keep secure any personal information given by user of this site. LinkLiving are registered as data controllers on the public register maintained by the Information Commissioner's Office.
1.3 What information do we collect and why?
The information collected on this site includes:
- 1.3.1 User’s IP address, which is automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are used to observe users' interest in this website (number of visits, etc).
- 1.3.2 Tracking user navigation around this website, using cookies. Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer. They are not cross-referenced with any other information which would allow an individual person to be identified.
- 1.3.3 E-mail addresses and / or other contact details which users voluntarily provide in order to:
- receive information from LinkLiving and / or recognised organisations or agents of the Link Group of companies.
- register for sending of publications/newsletters, offering courses and services and organising events.
- Report repairs
- Arrange appointments with representatives of LinkLiving or of tradesmen and contractors providing services on Link’s behalf
- Provide feedback or make complaints
- Apply for jobs
- Make any general enquiries or request information about LinkLiving and any of the services we may offer or administer
- Participate in discussion forums where applicable (See 1.5 below).
LinkLiving Ltd. will not disclose voluntarily provided details to third parties or use the information in any other way without prior consent.
On all pages where personal data is collected, specific details on the use of this information will be provided.
Where you have provided telephone or email details, we may contact you using those media.
1.4 Your rights
You have the right to access your information held by LinkLiving Ltd. and where necessary, to have it amended. You can also request not to receive marketing information from LinkLiving Ltd. as in section 1.3.3. To request this please contact us.
1.5 Chatrooms and Forums
Users are reminded that chat rooms and forums are for public discussion. Any personal information supplied by users during these discussions is widely accessible. LinkLiving Ltd. is not responsible for the content posted by users of these services.
1.6 Links to other websites
This website contains links to other sites that are not the responsibility of LinkLiving Ltd. This privacy statement does not apply to these sites nor are we responsible for the content and practices of these websites.
1.7 Further information
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone : 01625 545745
Regional office for Scotland:
28 Thistle Street
Telephone : 0131 225 6341