You are here:
Supported self help
How we can help
We offer one-to-one sessions and courses to help you with problems such as:
- feeling unable to cope,
- being irritable or emotional,
- feeling low,
- not getting on with those close to them,
- experiencing difficulties at work,
- not sleeping well,
- or often feeling uptight and worried.
We believe that three sessions with a Self Help coach can deliver real benefits. Each session can last up to one hour and these are usually arranged two weeks apart.
Working with a Self Help coach
When working with you, the Self Help coach will:
- Talk to you about any difficulties that you are having.
- Help you to understand why you are feeling the way you do.
- Help you to decide what you would like to work on first.
- Introduce you to a number of self help materials
- Suggest some other supports that may be of use.
- Help you develop an action plan to deal with your difficulties.
We beleive that three one-to-one sessions (over a four week period) can really help. If you decide that a group course is the best for you they are delivered over a four week period.