You are here:
Homelessness and accommodation
We have been helping people to avoid homelessness or deal with the effects of homelessness for over 30 years.
We provide practical, emotional and social support to help people stay in their homes or find somewhere to live. We aim to bring positivity, helping people find solutions, recognise their own self worth, become more confident and lead better and fuller lives. We can help with:
- dealing with homelessness or the risk of homelessness
- finding somewhere to live
- practical household tasks
- emotional support
- increasing social networks
- maintaining good physical health
- advice and encouragement to adopt a healthy lifestyle
If you are currently facing a difficult situation, we can help.
If you are aged between 16 and 30, live in Fife and are in need of accommodation with support, we have 13 shared flats within West Bridge Mill in Kirkcaldy.
Sometimes, local authorities ask us to provide very specific services to those at risk of becoming homeless, for example helping to deal with rent arrears or paying bills, ensuring benefits are claimed, or helping to find furniture. The local authorities we currently work with include:
- Fife - find out how to contact our service in Fife
- Edinburgh - find out how to contact our service in Edinburgh
- Falkirk - find out how to contact our service in Falkirk
- Any other areas - find out more about our services in other areas.
Depending on how your service is funded, we may be able to work with you for longer if you need help with issues such as addiction, mental health or self harm.
We recognise that each person is unique and our aim is to help each one of them deal with the difficult issue they may be facing and progress through life. We won’t give up on you even if others do.
Our approach is simple. We strive to build trusting, real relationships with people, involving each person every step of the way, offering reassurance that help and support is at hand. We make sure each person understand they have a choice and help them to make informed decisions.
Most importantly we provide encouragement to achieve. We work with each person to set goals and agree a support plan, identifying the specific services and support needed.
LinkLiving makes a difference and can demonstrate results - read our success stories to find out how we have helped people to feel more secure and lead fuller and happier lives.
Why choose LinkLiving?
We provide a seamless approach so that people:
- Can find somewhere to live which helps them to bring stability into their life
- Understand they have choice and can make informed choices
- Cope with life’s challenges and move towards independence
- Become more confident
- Recognise the skills they have and improve their self esteem